With Australia still coming to grips with this week’s terrible tragedy in Sydney and in a world littered with discontent the holiday season is a time to spend with family and friends and reflect on the abundance of riches around us.
Researcher IBIS World reminds us why Australia should be smiling in 2015 (but not complacent):
- We have one of the highest standards of living (7th) in the world
- We are one of the most confident nations (consumer sentiment)
- We are part of the world’s fastest growing region – the Asia Pacific
- Our population growth is as fast or better than the world’s
- Our unemployment is among the OECD’s lowest
- Our national debt is the lowest in the OECD as a share of GDP
- We are the lowest taxed nation among the OECD rich countries
- Our deficits are chronic but low within the OECD, and fixable
- Our interest rates are low
- We have low levels of racial tensions or terrorism
- Things surely won’t be as dysfunctional as the Rudd/Gillard years.
Prosperity Advisers is proud to be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
Strong support from our clients and friends along the way has contributed to shaping Prosperity Advisers into a leading professional service business offering expertise through our Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane offices.
Beginning as an accounting firm in 1989 with a single staff member, Prosperity has diversified to offer holistic advice in wealth management, salary packaging, payroll and employee benefits services alongside the more traditional business and tax advisory, SMSF, accounting and audit services.
From the outset, our firm has displayed a willingness to grow and innovate to set Prosperity apart from competitors.
This strategy continues as we sought new and better ways to be of service to you this year including:
- Launching our Asian desk joint venture with Fountainguard to bolster our expertise and Mandarin speaking team, to showcase Australian investment opportunities and to further cement our on the ground relationships with this ever burgeoning region.
- We have built further resources and expertise in our Prosperity Health division as we enhance our position as a specialist adviser to medicos, dentists and the allied health profession.
- Our efforts have been recognised by our peers. Internationally, winning an Edge Award from our Global network LEA and domestically, being short-listed as one of the three national finalists in the Hillross Practice of the Year Award to be announced next month.
As a further boost to our service capability the firm celebrates four senior appointments.
Steve Gagel, Business Services Director, Brisbane
Siobhan Sellick, Business Services Director, Sydney
Dan Cawthorne, Business Services Associate Director, Newcastle
Lynley Hukins, Head of Employee Benefits, Sydney
Next year we will build on the experience gained and lessons learned over the first 25 years as we continue to create the advisory firm of the future. In the meantime, thank you again for your much appreciated support and we look forward to working with you in 2015.
Allan McKeown and the Prosperity Advisers Team
Our offices will be closed from 5:00pm Tuesday 23rd December 2014 until 8.30am Monday 5th January 2015. For urgent matters during this time, a priority message service is in place.