The NSW Government has increased the Small Business Fees and Charges Rebate to relieve businesses from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and incentivise business growth.
The Rebate has increased to a total of $3,000, replacing the previous $1,500 and $2,000 Rebate as part of the NSW Government’s COVID-19 recovery package.
Eligible small businesses are able to claim the Rebate for specified business-related fees and charges incurred between 1 March 2021 to 30 June 2022.
To be eligible for the Rebate, small businesses (including non-employing sole traders) and not-for-profit organisations must:
- have total Australian wages below $1.2 million
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in NSW and/or have business premises physically located and operating in NSW.
Small businesses where passive income such as rent, interest, dividends is more than 50% of business income are not eligible for the Rebate.
Only one $3,000 rebate is available for each ABN. Eligible businesses or not-for-profits only need to apply for the Rebate once and can submit multiple claims until the full value of $3,000 is reached.
The relevant business-related fees and charges must have been incurred between 1 March 2021 to 30 June 2022.
Types of fees and charges that can be claimed
The types of business-related fees and charges claimable under the Scheme include (without limitation):
- NSW Government Fees and Charges (such as food authority, liquor and tradesperson licences etc).
- 50% of the cost of Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) used in employing businesses (businesses without employees will not be able to use the rebate to claim the cost of RATs).
- Local Council Rates, where the property is also owned by the business.
- NSW Road tolls for Registered Business Vehicles.
Submitting your claim
Whilst the Scheme ends on 30 June 2022, Service NSW requires all claims be submitted by 24 June 2022 through your Service NSW Business Profile.
Supporting documentation is required with each claim (e.g. fee notices, E-toll statements, and receipts for RAT tests).
If you've already registered for the existing Rebate, you do not need to do anything – you will receive an automatic $1,000 increase to your Rebate. Businesses newly registering will have the full Rebate of $3,000 available.
Please contact us at 1300 795 515 if you need any assistance with the eligibility criteria, types of claimable charges and fees, or your application.