IT plays a critical role in business success. When performing well, IT systems support management in fulfilling the business strategy, providing timely, reliable data in a secure environment; at their worst they drain investment resources and hamper efficient decision-making and operations.
With over 84% of Australian businesses online and over 12000 cyber-crimes in Australia last year, now is the time consider your cyber readiness. 91% of
attacks start with an email, and the average cost to a business per attack is over $275,000. Boards and management teams need confidence that their
IT systems are secure and able to withstand external or internal threats.
Many businesses appreciate the value of gaining expert external assistance to ensure that IT systems and controls are working effectively and securely – and will continue to do so.
The challenge is to harness the power of your IT while managing the risks.
- Provide management with a high-level assessment of the status of cyber risk preparedness; and
- Consider controls in place to prevent a cyber risk eventuating.
The scope includes considering your approach to:
- Assignment of security responsibilities
- Cyber risk analysis
- Security strategy and policies
- Remediation activities
- Third party vendors
- Staff training
- Independent review
- Security controls currently in place
- Backup arrangements
- Mobile device management
- Incident reporting and logging.
We work with clients to understand their operations, objectives, technology risks, IT control framework, regulatory environment and priorities.
- Delivering a detailed vulnerability assessment to understand potential technical security issues;
- Reviewing your security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures for adequacy;
- Assessing your compliance with regulatory obligations and industry standards; and
- Building your security information and event management framework so that you receive real-time analysis of security alerts generated by your applications and network hardware.
Our service model
IT control framework, regulatory environment and priorities. This high quality service is provided in the most cost-efficient manner.