Self Managed Superannuation
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) continue to grow in popularity as an alternative to traditional superannuation funds. Now the favoured choice of over 800,000 Australians, the main reasons for starting a DIY fund include greater control, flexibility to acquire certain assets and the potential to lower costs.
SMSFs are customised wealth creation and succession vehicles that can provide tax effective income streams to individuals at retirement age.
They have a low tax rate of 15% maximum, providing strong tax incentives to active investors and business owners wanting to take a more active role in preparing for retirement.
Prosperity offers clients compliance, administration, investment and structuring advice and services.
What we do @ Prosperity
Compliance & Administration
Prosperity assists over 300 clients with the administration of their Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs).
Our Superannuation division specialises in providing a full suite of compliance and administration services such as:
- Establishment of SMSF
- Rolling over existing superannuation policies into your SMSF
- Establishment of tax deductible life insurance inside your SMSF
- Preparation of financial statements, income tax and regulatory returns
- Completion of annual audit of the financial statements and SIS compliance
- Establishment of pensions and assistance with their ongoing maintenance
- Advice and assistance with reporting obligations, income tax and SIS legislation.
Investment & Structuring
Prosperity also assists clients with tailored structuring and investment advice directly related to their SMSF, including:
- Preparation of investment strategies and policies
- Advice on investment product selection and retirement planning
- Advice on incorporating your SMSF into your estate plan
- Advice on structuring your SMSF for tax minimisation
- Advice on the level of life insurance cover required in your SMSF.
Prosperity has a team that specialises in providing self managed super fund (SMSF) audit services to a range of professional services firms, including accounting practices and financial advisory firms.
Start a conversation
If you would like to discuss setting up a SMSF with one of our specialists, please contact Prosperity.